Living a Pain Free Life
With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Welcome, this site is made for people who want to learn about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) by someone who lives with Rheumatoid Arthritis (arthritis reumatoide) everyday.
My goal is to share what I’ve learned through extensive research and practice, providing you with information pertaining to RA, it's causes, and treatment options available to you.
Studies have shown that people who are well
informed and participate actively in their own care
experience less pain and fewer visits to the doctor than
do other people with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
When we first experience the pains that come with arthritis it is not easy to explain to our health care provider or loved ones the mystery pain. We are often left believing that we are going crazy. I urge you to follow up and get a diagnosis. Once you know exactly what you are fighting you can do your research on that specific disease.
A blood test that shows negative for Rheumatoid Arthritis is no guarantee that you are free of this disease. Approximately 10% of the population suffering from RA do not test positive, it is found through a series of tests, showing positive on a number of things that are relative to this disease. Others test positive on the blood work yet have no symptoms of RA.
Through my experience I have learned that we need to work with our doctors or health care provider, however do not place your well being solely in anyone’s hands.
You are as unique in how RA affects your body as you are in every other aspect of your life.
I urge you to do your due diligence, before taking any medication research the side effects (every drug has a side effect).
Talk to others who have taken the drug for long periods of time to help you decide if this drug produces the results you are looking for.
It is so important I want to repeat, YOU are responsible for your long term health, become an expert on RA while working with your doctor/s to find the treatment that is best suited to you.
Hearing you have RA for the first time you may go through a series of different emotions.
First for me was relief, finally confirmation that I wasn’t insane, there was something medically wrong.
Moments later, confusion, what exactly is RA and why did I get it?
Then came the questions, how can I live the rest of my life with this? Is there a way to cure rheumatoid arthritis or any rheumatoid arthritis remedies I should learn of? How are people managing Rheumatoid Arthritis and work or raising a family?
Finally anger and self pity, Why me?
My question to everyone is: What causes a person to get Rheumatoid Arthritis? Unfortunately this question can not be answered, there are many speculations but no definitive answer and until there is how can we expect there to be a cure.
One thing that the doctors are sure of, RA is an auto immune disorder where our immune system is not properly functioning.
At best, medications for RA are intended to stop progression of the disease, not halt the disease or return one to health. This is MANAGING disease, and you will be expected to continue with the medication for life, or, for as long as the medication works.
Over the years of experimenting with the different drugs prescribed to me and many forms of alternative remedies I posed an argument with myself; I’ve shown you my conclusions below.
Why would I have an auto immune disorder if I have a strong immune system?
Over time I have weakened my immune system somehow to the point of allowing disease to set in. Research has found that typically with todays diet which is high is processed food, the average person's body is overrun with yeast in the intestines. When the body is lacking in certain nutrition this yeast dumps out of the gut depositing into various parts of the body, in RA that would be the joints, perhaps explaining why our immune system is fighting a foreign object in the joint.
What would happen if I found a product, backed by science, proven to boost my immune system and provide my body with the necessary nutrition and enzymes to enhance my digestion?
I had to test this and now I know what happened to me and you can read about it when you go to ("My Story") .
What are the down sides to adding a good nutritional supplement that is known to boost the immune system to my regime?
If my arthritis wasn’t significantly improved at least I would suffer less during cold and flu season. Since my doctor suggested that a bad cold or flu could bring on a flare up with my arthritis it appeared to make sense to reduce my chances of catching a cold or flu by boosting my immune system.
What were the long term effects of the drugs I was taking?
I didn’t like the answer to that one. A person with RA is noted to have a slightly shortened life span, could it be that the drugs we take shorten our life?
I am not a doctor and I do not in any way advocate that a person not take the medication prescribed by our doctors; I believe that we should take the minimum medication possible, and, when given a choice, take the healthier alternative.
This disease must be treated, it is not a disease you want to try to will away or suffer through. Whether you choose the path of finding what is causing the disease and making necessary changes or taking the medications is up to you, but you must take action to stop the progression of this disease.
I am here to share with you the things I've learned, having lived with this disease for over 10 years. I am, once again, an active person. I found the answers to "Why did I get this disease" and have not needed medication to control pain, inflammation or disease progression for the past 8 years.
I hope I can inspire you to look at your life and see where you can make improvements that you can live with that will help relieve the symptoms and progression of RA or any other auto immune challenge.
Enjoy your visit to this site. If you have enjoyed your visit could you please scroll above and click on the +1 button on the right column so others can also find this information.
Should you have any questions please email me at email@example.com or call 604-462-0448.
Clint Paddison has been living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and, he, like myself was able to turn his health around and today lives with RA, without the suffering. He wrote a book that follows very closely to my own experience. With the book he also includes a program to follow to recover from RA. He called this program Clints cure and has recently renamed it Paddison Program for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I invite you to investigate what he has to say.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Blog
- The Rheumatoid Arthritis Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the LivingWithRheumatoidArthritis.com Web site
- My Return to Health
- I will show you how I returned to health after 2 1/2 years of suffering a crippling form of Rheumatoid Arthritis without drugs.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (Arthritis Reumatoid) is a common form of Arthritis
- In rheumatoid arthritis a person’s immune system produces destructive molecules that cause inflammation of the synovium. This shows up as inflamation in specific joints, causing heat, pain and tender
- The most common of Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms is morning stiffness.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms.(rhumatoid arhtritis symptoms)most often effects the joints of the hands, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles and the feet. Attacking joints in a symetrical pattern is common.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis is an inflammatory arthritis, usually before 16
- Children often complain of joint pain, any inflammatory joint pain lasting 6 weeks or longer needs medical attention, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthrtis might be suspected
- Diagnosing Rheumatoid Arthritis in the early stages can be complicated.
- There is no one test for Rheumatoid Arthritis that will give a definitive answer, it is rather through a series of tests and discussions that a diagnosis will be made.
- Traditional methods for treating rheumatoid arthritis and pains associated with.
- Medication is often used in Treating rheumatoid arthritis to help relieve symptoms or modify the disease, Physical and occupational therapy to assist with disease management
- Various Alternative Treatments exist to assist in dealing with Rheumatoid Arthri
- Forms of Alternative treatments include, naturapathic doctors to assist with diet needs, pyschologists, the mind is a powerful tool, accupuncture, excellent in pain relief for some people. Nutrition
- Coping Strategies, some tips on making life easier with Rheumatoid ARthritis
- From the seeming minor things like a handshake to the more challenging everyday tasks, learn coping strategies. Find tools that can help coping with RA somewhat less of a challenge.
- Home Remedies can complement traditional treatments with RA or limit the need
- Home Remedies have been in use for hundreds of years, successfully treating many challenges. Used to complement traditional treatment or to hopefully reduce the need for traditional medications
- What triggers RA, Why do I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and why this is important.
- What triggers RA and why finding the cause of RA is so important, and, how a combined effort to treat RA is your best option
- Why all the pain with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Understandiing why all the pain when we have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Is there a Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet that will help reduce symptoms?
- A Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet hasn't been shown to cure rheumatoid arthritis, but lessen the symptoms and help the liver function effeciently, ridding the body of toxins that produce Arthritis symptoms.
- Inflammatory foods are the foods which are high in toxins, poor fats ....
- Certain foods are best left out of a healthy diet, considered inflammatory foods, read to find out why and what alternatives there are for these foods.
- The Healing effects of various foods. How some foods heal, (healing foods)
- How different foods work in the body helping to combat disease, reduce inflammation making these healing foods for the body.
- Food Allergies and Food Sensitivity, how they affect your health
- How Food Allergies affect the immune system, how to know if you have food intolerances
- How the body maintains an Acid Alkaline Balance
- How the body maintains an Acid Alkaline Balance and how this can create health challenges throughout the body. Arthitis, heart disease, exhaustion, weakened immune system
- Positive affirmations are thoughts or statements on things you wish to attain
- These positive affirmations implant in your inner consciousness, create energy, and form an inspiration for your present and future actions.
- 2012 Tapping Summit information
- Information on how to attend the free 2012 Tapping Summit and video on the Science behind EFT (Emotion Freedom Techniques)
- Pain is the body’s way of telling us there is something wrong.
- This pain is telling us we must address an issue or there will be greater problems.
- Cauliflower, a crucif. veg, is in the same plant family as broccoli, cab., kale
- cruciferous vegetables contain compounds that may help prevent cancer
- Professional Links regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis and building this webpage
- Within these professional links you will find sites giving further information on living well with RA. Included are sites that promote tools to aid with everyday tasks.
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis Feedback and Contact Page
- Contact information for Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chemical Sweeteners are used in diet sodas, commercial baking and other products
- Chemical Sweeteners like Aspartame and Splenda do not aid weight loss, studies indicate the opposite is occurring, causing greater obesity
- What is holding you back from recovery
- A story that may inspire some, annoy others but so true it hurts
- The Benefits of Laughter Yoga for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Laughter Yoga is a powerful technique for improving health which can be used by people with phyisical limitations.
- MyPhield Therapy Cushion,
- MyPhield Energy Pad to repair damage to specific joints
- Learn about Rheumatoid Arthritis, Mission Statement for LivingWithRA,
- The Mission Statement of this site is to help you learn about Rheumatoid Arthritis and the ways help reduce the effect of this auto immune, health challenge
- Take Control of Your Health through energy healing, diet, exercise and rest
- Breakdown of topics discussed at Take Control of Your Health Seminar covering the 3 most missed diagnostic tests, energy as the foundation of health, diet, exercise and proper rest
- Chronic Pain tips and strategies to improve life while Living with R A
- Tips and techniques to reduce Chronic Pain to make life easier when living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Healthy gums for a healthy immune system, can't have one without the other
- Healthy gums, free of gingivitis or peridontal disease are needed for a strong immune system freeing one of RA pains
- RA and Sex can co exist, how to maintain an intimate relationship with someone
- Answering the question, RAandSex, do the two go together, how to maintain an intimate relationship with RA
- Free video access to documentary film Food Matters
- Food Matters free video preview documentary explaining how food is healing
- Depression and RA almost go together, learn why and what you can do.
- Learn about the most recent studies on the relation between Depression and RA and naturals ways to reduce inflammation and depression.
- Osteoporosis threat as it relates to Rheumatoid ARthritis
- Information on Osteoporosis, why it is a concern, how you can help yourself avoid complications from Osteoporosis.
- Sjogrens Syndrome is a systemic auto immune disorder that often accompanies RA.
- Symptoms of Sjogrens Syndrome include dry eyes and mouth as well as arthritis pain.
If you enjoyed the site please click the +1 button